Friday, October 11, 2013

Vancouver Attractions with Family (Aberdeen Centre, Chinatown, and Suspension Bridge!!)

Our first day in Vancouver was awesome! If you did not check out my first post yet, click here. Would be even better if our cousin from Toronto flew over... airfare was around $1000 from YYZ to YVR that day. Of course no la! That's the price for tickets going overseas. 
**All pictures are from me and my sister**

The next morning, Tan family went to eat morning breakfast at Red Star Seafood Restaurant!! My daddy said Hong Kong have this restaurant too and wanted to try out the food to see if they are similar. I have to say the food is only So-So... probably I won't go back because there are more selections around the city with better  quality food. Yum cha in Vancouver is more pricier than SF tho. Good thing about restaurant is that there's Wifi!! Wifi password is the restaurant phone number: 604-261-8389. 

Dim sum with parents in the morning

On our way to Aberdeen Mall, we stopped by a random plaza. It seems that there are a lot of random plaza in the Richmond area near the mall. My parents were curious about the price of groceries and seafood and whether they are different from home... typical Asian parent right?

Tan sisters =^^=

Me with my mommy

Daddy with my sister

Ma fooling around! Hahahah

Look at them leaving us behind ^o^

The plaza to Aberdeen Mall was less than 1 minute drive. Didn't know if there was a parking lot for the mall, but we found parking right in front of the entrance. Pay parking tho... All the pay stations take credit card. I think this one took cash too.

Aberdeen Mall entrance

With mom and sister^^

Beautiful fountain inside

The mall have 3 levels

Voodoo Doll Palace

Aberdeen Mall offers their consumers a more Asian cultural experience. It's like the malls at home, but everything is in Chinese and mostly items from Asia. You won't find Forver 21 or H&M here. Hahahha! For us, there is nothing much to buy. The price on the clothes and accessories are very pricey. We walked into a random lingerie store and the panties are $19 CAD each! WTF... Victoria Secret doesn't even charge that much. The price of the clothes in all the stores does not match it's quality at all!! It's like clothes from street markets marked with a $40~$100+ price tag...

My parents are so cute at the food court!

Colorful fountain

Beef and pork jerky from Mei Jan Hong

 ~ Waiting for mommy to buy jerkys (look at my dad! LOL!!) ~

Alrighty, enough with Aberdeen! My dad suggested we have to go to the Chinatown just because he wanted to see if there's any different from San Francisco's...! Since he's the driver, we can't object... everything has to go his way >< 

Heading straight down from Pender Street

Paid around $6 for parking for about 1 hour

Checking out the price of seafood

Walking hand in hand

Isn't my daddy handsome^^
Daddy and mommy was busy checking out the difference between our Chinatown and this Chinatown, so me and my sister went to the tourists gift shop for souvenirs. Make sure to return to your car before the time expire for parking. There are many meter mates and ticket people standing by to issue a citation everywhere.

Heading to Capilano Suspension Bridge

Parking is $5.00 flat rate



"Please watch your steps, my roots are growing"

The admission for adults cost $34.95! I seriously thought it will be just around $20... Anyways, make sure to show your student ID to get discounts. As long as you are a student and have a student ID, the price is $28.95. I think for the 4 of us, the total was around $140 including tax.

Sister love at the attraction
The attraction is ready for Halloween



Cool decorations

My funny daddy ~




My daddy and I

Tan family at Capilano Suspension Bridge
There are maps and signs to help guide, so don't worry about getting lost. Enjoy the nature!!

Heading to the bridge!! Excited!!

A gift shop by the bridge

Tan family on suspension bridge!! Yay!!

Daddy and mommy tried to walk on bridge

Big claps to my daddy and mommy for trying to get pass the bridge. Apparently, after taking the family picture, they abandoned me and my sister. The bridge is actually much wobbly and narrow than I thought. High above the water too!! There were a few tourists who would shake the bridge on purpose just for fun! Really?? I could really tell my daddy and mommy was scared to walk pass to the other side.  The only way to go to the other side is through the bridge. Our parents waited for us by the gift shop and explore around there. Since we paid to get in, me and my sister might as well go explore to make our money worth.

Natural sun light^^
Love it!

The river below ^o^

Wowww!!!









It was definitely very exciting to walk on the suspension bridge. Hold on to your phone! There are gaps on that your phone can slip through. Once we passed the bridge, there's a directory and a snack shop. My sister and I decided to take the path on the left after the bridge. The path we choose was very peaceful and quite.





Need a little rest! Hahahaha!

Our shoes for the day^^

Beautiful nature^^

There's a pond and many many trees!!



Very peaceful right?

Cool facts throughout the attractions



Didn't want our parents to wait too long at the other side, so my sister and I headed back to meet them up. Went to the Cliffwalk with daddy after we met up with them (does not require to cross the suspension bridge). He's scared of heights but he wanna try to overcome it. Mommy waited for us by the gift shop because she not comfortable with heights O.O!



Daddy took the pic! (He's scared the phone will drop!)

He's still a bit scared!



He got the hang of it! Look at him go...

He's not scared anymore^^ At least for now

My sister and I

He wants a pic with everything^^

Even tree hugging (He said it's spiritual??)

Holy water?? I dunno...

Good to touch?

An interesting chair out of nowhere

There's also a wedding going on


  


Definitely an experience

Of course we are ending the day with a lovely dinner. From what I saw on Yelp, we decided to give Kirin Restaurant (address: 555 West 12th Avenue Vancouver, British Columbia) a try because it seems to have good rating. Restaurant is located in City Square and we scored a street parking right across. The restaurant will also validate the parking ticket if you parked at the garage.

So we went in expecting it won't be a full house. Oh my... when we told the host we are a party of 4, she told us they are all booked up for the day! What??!! We drove all the way here and no table? Hahhaha! She told us she will try to get a table for us and one did become available within 20 minute wait. My daddy and mommy said it's more busy than SF Koi Palace. I think most restaurants in Canada need to call in for reservation right? Because whenever customers walk in the host ask if they had a reservation or not. Lemme know^^ Well, we are happy we got the table tho. Didn't want to search for another restaurant so last minute.

The view when we went up the stairs

Pic while waiting for table

Interior lighting

Peking duck comes with stuffing, wrapping, and lettuce

    


Very tasty lamb chop

Always have fish^^

Waiters and managers are nice and they would let you know when the food is coming, but the food took very long to prepare... about 30 minute!! And we were hungry too!! I understand that the restaurant was a full house that night and everyone was working very hard already, but please have better time management. I just think the wait was too long.

Supposedly we came to Kirin wanting to eat the King Crab, but it's 10+lbs each... so the four of us wouldn't be able to finish it! If my brother came then it'll be perfect. Plus, we do not want any take outs because we are staying at a hotel.

Next post is gonna be about our day trip to Seattle, Washington!! Stay tune^^


Much Love,
                Jamie 

No comments:

Post a Comment