Sunday, September 1, 2013

Sunday Family Funday!

I haven't had Sunday off for such a long time! I'm especially happy because me and Darrin both got Sunday and Monday (Labor Day) off! Ever since school started for us, we haven't really spend as much time as we used to with Miku, so we decided to make Sunday a "family day". Usually what we do on our "family day" is watch movie the night before, sleep-in the next day (only day when no alarms are set), grab breakfast/brunch, take Miku out for dog park, and some other activities depending on what we feel like.

We have gotten sooo into Korean variety shows lately, mainly Running Man and Family Outing (yea... we are very slow on those) and whenever we have time, we would watch a bit before we sleep. Since we were both off today, we stayed up late watching Running Man last night. Hm...maybe I gotten used to waking up early to go work, so I actually woke up at 6:30am today. Is anyone like this on their day off? Of course no body at home woke up except for me, so I did some web surfing with my phone and slept again...

Have you heard of Cooking Papa (address will be listed at the end of post)? Recently, my friends and Darrin's sisters were all talking about that place and the food, so me and Darrin went there today for breakfast! Hahaha! The name sounds so cute (reminds me of  "cooking mama")!

Cooking Papa exterior design

Deck by the entrance

First thing that caught my attention after I've entered the restaurants are the cute business cards and the takeout menu!! There are logos of Cooking Papa on them, just like the regular menu. Cooking Papa have many choices of dishes/food to choose from and some dishes requires 3 days reservations in advance! One of their popular food is the Hong Kong Style Puff (we didn't order it tho... next time try la). 

One of the many pages

There are so many selections

Noodle in shrimp and egg 

2 choice dish: duck and roast pork

We only ordered these 2 dishes since we have other plans later in the day. The food will go bad if left in the car  for too long considering the weather. Noodle in shrimp and egg is something I would order again! It came out fast and the portion is pretty big for it's price too^^ On the other hand, the "2 choice dish" is something I would not order again. Darrin thinks it was because they were busy or something but this dish took a while to come to us. I expected the skin of the roast pork to be crunchy (majority roast pork I have eaten have crunchy skins), but this one is chewy... in a bad way! Personally, Darrin and I didn't enjoy this dish... not to mention it was about $12 (I think it's pretty expensive for the quality). Cooking Papa also have varies drink selections. We ordered a milk tea with tapioca. The drink tasted regular, nothing special tho >.< I guess there is always good dishes and bad dishes in any restaurants.

We would come again for dinner or when we have more companions so we can try out more dishes from the menu. There's a few tables by the side where they could have a nice view of the water outside, but we didn't get the tables because it was for party more than 2. Come earlier too whether it is for breakfast, brunch, or dinner. The place can become really packed.

After Cooking Papa, we headed to the dog park to play with Miku. The dog park and Cooking Papa is relatively close to each other... less than 5 minute drive. This is my favorite dog park because it is clean and it have shades for humans to sit while the doggies play. Downside is that the park is 30 minutes away from home!!


Daddy trying to get Miku to play fetch

Look how happy he is^^

Miku wanna go to the big dog selection

Another pomeranian we met at the park



Bonding time^^

We went to Ikea and Target afterwards to look at furnitures and organizers because we are moving into a new room! Right not, majority... or probably all furnitures in our room are black! I don't know what we we thinking when we brought everything black back then, but now, we want to bring some brighter colors in the room. I will do a post on the new room once we get everything moved over and organized. Love the ice cream cone from Ikea!

Cooking Papa address:  949A Edgewater Blvd Foster City, CA 94404


Much Love,
                  Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment