Wednesday, January 28, 2015

[Review] Annie's Way Calendula Softening Jelly Mask

Good evening everyone! It's been a while since my last blogpost. I guess I did neglect my blog a little too much. Therefore, one of my goal this year is to write more posts and reviews here for you^^ (Procrastination go away) 

I recently made a trip to Hong Kong and China with my family for my cousin's wedding! It was a fun, but tiring trip due to lack of sleep. I did not feel well during the flight and had a fever right after I came back from the vacation. What's more was that for two consecutive days, I fell asleep in my car after work before driving home (located ~10 minutes away). Anyways, I am soooo glad to be home to Darrin and Miku!! 2 weeks away from them is wayyyyy to long for me.

Enough about my random talk. Today, I finally opened one of the items I've purchased in Hong Kong and tried it out. It's the Annie's Way Calendula Softening Jelly Mask.  

"Calendula essence can effectively moisture, soften, and reduce skin discomfort. Suitable for sensitive and dry skin".







I knew that I was going to Asia soon so I didn't want to purchase them online. When I was in Hong Kong, finding the product was pretty hard. Not a lot of store sell it and the saleslady in the cosmetic/beauty stores seem like they never heard the brand before. Seriously?? Trust me, I have searched all the SaSa, Mannings, Watsons, Bonjour, ColorMix, etc. wherever I went. I was at the edge of giving up, and then... I went into a smaller Bonjour cosmetic store across the street from our hotel (Royal Pacific Hotel & Towers) and there it was. A few different selection of the jelly masks sitting on the shelve at a tiny corner, but was almost out of stock. So I grabbed 3 different ones just in case they don't restock. Another place that sells Annie's Way was the Mannings on Nathan Road near 美麗華 & 避風塘



Keep in mind when purchasing, make sure the butterfly sticker is not broken. Mannings sell the jelly mask like the picture above and Bonjour sells them wrapped up in a box.




Personally, I like to check the expiration date of the product before I purchase. You know... just in case. Hahahahahah!








Directions on jar: First cleaning face and apply toner on the skin base. Apply jelly mask approximately thickness 0.3 ~ 0.5cm evenly by using the provided spatula. After 30 minutes, remove the jelly mask by scraping gently, wipe off excess with tissue, and then rinse with water. Apply moisturizer as what you usually use. Use twice a week or as needed.

If any discomfort: Rinse with water immediately if you feel uncomfortable in the beginning of use. For sensitive user, use only for 15 minutes for the first time.


Plastic lid to prevent jelly from getting everywhere







My First Experience: The mask is very cooling and relaxing. Lie on my pillow and set alarm to wake me up in 20 min. My skin is little sensitive so I wanted to do 20 minutes on the first time. No signs of discomfort or irritation on skin. There was a slight smell of sweet fragrance which was perfect for me since I was trying to get a quick nap (I really did). Texture looks which, but did not feel thick on skin. It is thick enough to stay in place (I tested it by jumping lightly and walking around the house), but does not feel that it clogged any of my pores. 

After the 20 min, I scrapped jelly off with the spatula provided. Spatula is made that it does not irritate or bring discomfort to skin. DO NOT LOSE THE SPATULA!! I removed the jelly but forgot to wipe with tissue before rinsing off. Oh well... I rinsed with water more towards cold. Pretty easy for me to get it all off. Then I finish with my usual moisturizer.

Result: My skin seems brighter and redness on the side of my nose reduced. Skin feels soft and plump! I like it!! Also love the cooling sensation on my face after applied.

Yay or Nay?? I have yet to try the other jelly masks, but I do recommend this specific one to others with dry skin like me. Very moisture to skin! Price was HKD$125 (~$16USD) including a Annie's Way face mask @ Manning's for this jelly mask (make sure to ask for spatula if they forgot). One jar can easily last more than 5 uses depending how much you put on your face every time. Yay of course! 


Stay tune for more reviews^^ 

No comments:

Post a Comment