Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Yakitori Kokko

Hello! I just came home from a lovely dinner with friends and would like to share some pictures and info of the wonderful restaurant with you guys.

The place I dine at was a Japanese restaurant called Yakitori Kokko (I will provide the address at the end of the post). My friend recommended Kokko to me a while ago and I have been wanting to try it out ever since then. So happy I finally went and tried the food!! It's a must if you are a fan of skewers. They have awesome skewers, takoyaki, ramen, and many appetizer at a reasonable price.

Here is a look of the menus of the restaurant:

Menu front page

Menu back page

List of drinks

The price looks a bit expensive, but the portion of the food is actually slightly more larger than other Japanese restaurants. 


Delicious Takoyaki 

Monk-fish liver

Pirikara cucumbers and chicken liver

Chicken wings

Pork belly, beef tongue, and probably chicken gizzard 

KOKKO ramen (picture taken after it has been eaten) 

Tako Karaage (Fried baby octopus)

Scallop skewer

Bacon wrapped enoki & fishcake w/ cheese?

Spicy black sesame ramen

I know I have said this before but the skewers and appetizers are very good!! I do recommend every one of the items except... the chicken wings. I think the chicken wings are a bit bland and nothing special about it. The spicy black sesame ramen a must try! It tasted pretty interesting in a good way! This was our first time eating sesame that is salty and spicy because usually we would eat the black sesame dessert ("zhi ma wu" in Chinese).

Darrin had night class so he didn't join us for dinner. Hahahaha! I let him know that we are getting skewers at Yakitori and sent him pictures of the food we ordered which looked and tasted delicious. He got mad because we were supposed to go together! I promised him I will go with him next time^^

Better go try out the restaurant if you are in the area, you will love it^^

Address: 509 2nd Ave San Mateo, CA 94401
Hours: Sunday 17:30-23:00 , Tuesday thru Saturday 18:00- 23:30


Much love,
               Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment