Thursday, August 29, 2013

Burma Superstar with Besties

Burma Superstar was one of the many restaurants I've been wanting to dine at! The one we went to was located in San Francisco (address will be provided at the end of the post). About a year ago, we were planning to dine at Burma's but the wait was too long, so we ended up going somewhere else. This time, I checked their website to see if they take reservations, but ... unfortunately, they DO NOT. Anyways, me and my two friends decided to give it a try^^


Cindy, me, and Whitney

I thought there wouldn't be too many people considering it was a Wednesday night and summer vacation has ended already for most of us. By the time we arrived, around 8:00pm, there was already a line. We approached the host, who surprisingly was one of Darrin's friend, and he informed us it'll be quite a wait, but will get a table for us faster^^ (Dun worry, there's "Genki Crepe", which carries Japanese snacks and products, across the street for you to kill some time)

The 3 of us^^

~ My lovely companions ~

Initially, we had a party of 3... then, after I told Darrin we were at Burma Superstar, he wanted to join us for dinner too, so reservation changed to 4!! There was heaters and a bench outside for people who are waiting for a table. I dunno about you, but that's definitely a plus for me^^ It was a bit chilly at night in San Francisco and the heater did a good job in keeping us warm!

About approximately 25 ~ 30 minutes later, a table was ready for us.




Platha and Dip ~ Love this dish!! Dipping tastes awesome d(=^~^=)b

The popular Tea Leaf Salad before mixing...

... After the mixing ^^



Classic Burmese chicken casserole w/ cinnamon rice

Coconut rice pairs well with the Platha dip^^

Braised pork belly w/ pickled mustard greens 

Chilli lamb

Thai iced tea on the house^^

This was the first time I have ever tried Burmese cuisine, as well as Darrin and my friends. We liked it very much!! The portion of the food was enough for the four of us and we also took some leftover chicken and lamb home. I thought the chicken was a bit too dry for me because I'm not a big fan of chicken breast... the rice in that dish tasted great tho. I enjoyed the coconut rice a lot (I'm a fan of coconut). The tea leaf salad was a bit weird, but then again, it was Burmese style (Darrin liked the salad). Chilli lamb had a great taste but the meat was cut into small bits. Next time we will be trying the Steak Kebat. A dish we all loved the most was the PORK BELLY!!! Juicy, tender, and yummy!

Definitely a great place for get together if you are coming with a small group! A party of four in my opinion would be best because the restaurant itself is not too big. Tables are set up close to one another.There is also a possibility that you will be asked if you want to share a big round table with another group if they are running out of seats.

With a 4 star rating from more than 4000 reviews on Yelp, I think Burma Superstar is worth a try if you are in the Bay Area. We would come again for sure^^

Address: 309 Clement St. San Francisco, CA 94118
Hours: Monday ~ Sunday 11:30-15:30, Monday ~ Thursday 17:00-22:00, Friday ~ Saturday 17:00-22:30


Much love,
               Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment